Saturday, February 19, 2011

Barneys Warehouse Sale


Barneys Warehouse sale started today at their Chelsea Coop location on West 17th and 8th avenue. It’s one of the most anticipated sales for any New York shopaholic and fashionista. They offer 50-75% off retail prices on all of their selections of designer clothing, shoes & accessories for men, women and children. In addition, they also have clearance home items.
I’ve personally been to both the New York and Los Angeles Barney’s Warehouse sale. In my opinion, New York City’s warehouse sale far outshines its Los Angeles counterpart, which takes place at the Los Angeles Convention center. Please don’t mistake the grandiose location to mean that the warehouse bargain is massive in size. It actually occupies a small section of the convention center. 
Anyway, on to our spectacular NYC sale: I headed over to the warehouse afterwork where there was a long line down the stairs to the entrance. Patrons with bags must check their carry-ons, including purses at the door. Once you enter the room, there are racks, shelves and boxes of merchandises everywhere. The women's clothing sections has been moved down to the basement where the men's department is located as well. I’m sure there is a technically reason for this change; unfortunately, I didn’t see why. Even more awkward is the fact that female shoppers have to try-on clothes on the sales floor. 
Ineptness aside, there are many wonderfully priced designer finds including 3.1 Philip Lim, Alexander Wang, Derek Lam and Helmut Lang. I have an incurable case of shoe fetish so I headed straight to the shoe selection (at its normal home on the 1st floor) where I found an amazing pair of patent leather Miu Miu heels and a funky pair of two-toned lace-up oxford flats by Jil Sanders.
Because I know the secret of Barneys warehouse sale (and now I’m sharing it with you), I won’t be purchasing anything until the last week of the sale when everything is reduced again another 20-50%.
Be sure to check out Barneys New York Warehouse Sale going on from Thursday, February 17, 2011 until Sunday, March 6th at 255 W17th Street.


No comments:

Post a Comment