Sunday, March 20, 2011

A Sunny Day in Paris


Fashion Week in Paris has officially culminated and to my pleasant dismay it’s a beautiful sunny day at the Louvre Museum. Locals and tourist alike are enjoying the sun’s rays; some smoking Gitanes, others like myself are peacefully people watching in the courtyard.


Walking pass the water fountains, heading east to Arc de Triomphe du Carrousel, I see Parisians on their lunch break enjoying the weather, dressed stylishly in skinny black jeans tucked into ankle boots and a reed khaki rain jacket with a printed tied scarf.






Continuing on, pass the Tuileries Gardens, a public garden located between the Louvre Museum and the Place de la Concorde, I admire the mythological statues and pause to spy on the lovers lazing on the lawn. Stopping in front of the large octagonal lake, I glaze at the human lining circumvented around the Grand Bassin. I didn’t quiet get the name of the gentleman leisurely enjoying an afternoon book by the lake, comfortably dressed in brown suede ankle boots coupled with a sweater vest and button shirt.










Finally, I walk along the path towards the Jardin des Tuileries Ferris Wheel amongst the numerous pedestrians doing the same thing I am, savoring the first spring day of the year.





Just a regular day in Paris; no pretention, no “fashion gurus,” just Parisians enjoy a break from the cold weather, eagerly anticipating perpetual spring days.

No comments:

Post a Comment